Our lives were forever changed on January 11, 2017 when our son, Corey Patrick Walgren lost his life by suicide
after being questioned by authorities at school over a disciplinary incident.
Read More|Corey's Goal In The News
- Raise awareness of the constitutional rights of minors in the school setting and provide education on how disciplinary practices in schools can better support the emotional well-being of students.
- Honor Corey and his love of hockey by supporting hockey programs through financial gifting.
Our Message for Students
- Ask For Help
- Protect Yourself
- We Understand
- Learn More
Our Message for Parents
- It Can Happen To Your Child
- Know Your School
- Know Your Child's Dean
- Know Your School's Policies
- Consult a Lawyer
- You Have a Voice
- Learn More
Our Message for Administrators
- Follow the Department of Education Recommendations on SRO Programs
- Enact a Memorandum of Understanding
- Get a Warrant to Search a Cell Phone
- Protect the Students
- Allow Us to be the Parents
- Learn More
Corey's Goal has been selected as the charity of choice for the Manchester Lights Holiday light show
in the Brookdale Subdivision in Naperville. The show's creator, Matt Baker, is a hockey buddy of Corey's. The show
takes over the entire Manchester Court Cul de Sac and is synchronized to music. Please be sure to stop by 1117
Manchester Court, Naperville to check out the display and donate to Corey's Goal. The show will run from Nov 24th
through Jan 1st from 5-10pm.
NCTV17 coverage of our light show. Corey's Goal Shines
Additionally, Matt Baker and his company, Brookdale Landscaping, are decorating the Walgren's house at 111
Westmoreland Ln in the Corey's Goal colors of blue and green to raise awareness of the Charity. If you are available
to help hang lights, the Walgren's are inviting friends and neighbors to help out on Sat Nov 10th at 9am. The lights
will run from Nov 24th up until the anniversary date of Corey's death, Jan 11th. Walgren's are asking that friends and
neighbors light a candle on their porch the night of Jan 11th in memory of Corey.
Corey's Goal exhibited at the 2018 National School Safety Conference hosted by
NASRO June 24-26 in Reno, NV. We spoke with school
resource officers, administrators and law professionals from all over the nation.
Naperville North Huskies Hockey Club awards the
2018 Corey Walgren Memorial Trophy and a $2,500 grant to Michael Hall. The grant is funded by Corey's Goal.